HeadsUp Poker heads to Android!
After far too long a time, HeadsUp Poker has had a facelift and is now available on the Google Play store!
So what's different with this version?
- Graphics overhaul, courtesy of my friend Charles. He came up with some nice characters to fill in for the temp ones in the original version. He also set the style to have an old-school jazzy feel
- To go with the graphics, each character now has their own dialogue. It won't win any Pulitzers, but it sets the mood
- The AI has been tweaked to provide a better challenge and fix some bugs
- Music! And SFX! Another friend, Benji hooked me up with a ton of jazz to listen to, to match the style of the game and give it some class
- It's now on Android, obviously
A big thanks goes out to the guys over at The Engine Co.; aside from it being ridiculously easy to publish to Android from Loom (about half an hour, all told, to get it published, and most of that was writing the hilarious description), they weren't shy on giving a helping hand over Skype. They're genuinely pretty awesome.
So go check it out.