Ah! The sweet smell of...sigh...
Finally flew back into Hull around 3 today, after spending about 2 hours on the smallest plane in the world. "It may be small, but it's fast!" Hmmm... not much of a compromise there when you have to dislocate your neck just to sit down.
In any case, after spending most of the week hurting myself, I tipped around in Paris for a few days at Chez Alexis. To experience culture, obviously, but also because the return flights before then were costing about £400. I could, like, charter a airplane, get flight lessons, and buy myself a spiffy flight suit with goggles for that. Still, I was glad I stayed. Paris is completly awesome, it rocks so much more than England that it kind of sucks to be back. I did take some pictures, but as they need to be developed, you'll have to make do with the imaginary ones in my head. If you could see them that is.
There's so much style in Paris that it's almost infectious. Walking around the city makes you want to buy a full size mahogany poker table and sit around it in a dinner jacket sipping cognac while hob-nobbing for all your worth. I saw pretty much all of the major landmarks that can be reached by walking about 18 million miles (That's 28,968,192 million kilometers in Euros). Finally seeing all the landmarks up close was a bit surreal though, kind of like when you're watching Star Wars or something and you see a huge wossname in the background and you know it's just a matte painting. It was like that except you could ... interact ... with this ... painting. Yeah, that's right.
To sum up the whole trip:
Things that were rock
- French women
- The huge free party before leaving
- The guys I went with - completly mad - one guy forgot his luggage, one guy forgot his wallet, one guy came from the hospital because he walked through a window at the aforementioned party, and every one of them still drunk and singing any french song that came into their heads
- Beans and meat in a can
- The weather - 24c in the shade
- B113 - you don't need to ask
- All staff we went drinking with at Valmeinier, esp Milly
- ChuChun managing to get through the week on 2 changes of clothes
- The night life in Paris
- Understanding french when spoken very...very...slowly
- Crêpes in a restaurant at any hour of the night
- Ben's motorcycle
- Alexis' mother's cooking
- Strawberry gateau
- Super expensive poker shop that I can't remember the name of
- Building my Terry Pratchett collection by 6 books
- Gaining +3 Culture
Things that were wrack
- Repeatedly landing directly on my ass bone
- Repeatedly landing directly on my ass bone as a result of trying to jump
- Getting said ass burned
- Getting my mind scarred by drunk naked frenchmen
- Cleaning up after drunk naked frenchmen vomir
- Stupid french boyfriends
- Squat - looks like Mr. Bean but not funny. Just intensely irritating
- 8 hour bus journeys
- The Transporter 2. Got a bomb under your car? Just flip it and use a handily placed crane to hook it off just as it explodes. So, people get paid to write this?
- Walking 28,968,192 million kilometers
- Repeatedly forgetting to bring my camera with me
- Trying to make sense of Jeanne when she's at full steam. Think telling 3 seperate stories randomly intermixed with each other. All in one breath
- Getting pwned at poker because I played like a n00b
- Coming back
- My bank balance